Delivered to Griffs as a rolling body with driveline and suspension in place. Some body modifications have also been previously done, namely the side rear quarter vents have been removed, shock towers have been notched, subframe connectors fabricated/fitted, rear fuel fill moved to LH rear quarter panel and right hand drive conversion using new Dynacorn RHD firewall, dash panel, upper/lower cowl panels with the upper cowl having the vent filled.
Powered by a 390FE delivering the power via a C6 auto transmission through to an RRS rear Coil Over 3 Link Ford 9″ system. Complete RRS front coil over suspension and brake package whilst steering is also an RRS RHD power rack and pinion system. Also featured in the braking system is an RRS under dash brake booster and master cylinder system.
The crew at Griffs were required to deliver the vehicle back to the owner as a running driving car ready for paint.
Work completed including:
- final positioning of the engine, driveline and steering components
- custom headers fabricated along with a full exhaust system from front to rear using mandrel bends and all welds polished
- front ADR approved lap/sash retractable seat belts supplied and fitted with the retractor units being hidden in the rear quarter trim panels
- custom aluminium radiator complete with twin thermo fan system requiring modification to the radiator support to allow more air flow
- Kindigit Design door handles have been installed for a smooth door look
- Classic Auto Air custom heat/AC kit has been fitted
- fabricate and install custom electrical mount panel for the American Autowire loom
- install radiator overflow tank and power steering reservoir
- install Lokar automatic shifter system c/w shifter sender unit for Dakota dash
- install Dakota Digital analogue dash
- install Lokar accelerator pedal, trans kickdown and cable system
- install Fitech EFI system complete with Holley in tank pump system
- install keyless ignition start system
- install E-Stopp emergency brake system
- fabricate and fit all hard brake and fuel lines
- install Mallory battery box to trunk
- install American Autowire wiring loom
- start engine, tune, test drive and check
Final VASS engineering for right hand drive conversion and modifications will also be facilitated by Griffs for Victorian registration.